Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Three 9x12s


Did this in class.  Maybe a tad too much sepia, but I think I got away with it.



This one was going to be great and I was excited, but then I put a little blob here.  Oops, that meant now it needed another blob over there which did not work, and then everything I did went wrong and it was absolutely wrong and in frustration I dipped deep into the sepia and slathered it all over the page.  But when I saw it the next day, well a little yellow would go well here and a some touches of green and, well not too bad.


And this, well, it's not done yet.
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm still remembering the simple lyrical magnificence of last week's masterpiece. Now, as for this week, the second one reminds me of a stained glass window--an old one where the artisan also added some paint. I also like the first one; there's a color cohesiveness that's really nice. And I will be interested to see where the last one goes. I think the lesson in this new 9x12 series is to stop while it's still glorious (a lesson we all need to learn!)

    ReplyDelete