Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Alan Summer 2026-7

 A little plein air sketch of my backyard in my sketchbook. 


Here’s a problem for me. It never never never behaved like I thought. It’s on Yupo and you’ll have to guess what it is. I may just give up the ghost on this because it needs to be glazed and that’s hard to do on Yupo. 



2 comments:

  1. Between you and Greta, that garden of yours has been the subject of so many beautiful paintings and sketches. This is another. It looks lovely. As for the second painting... well, upon examination, I'd guess it's something floral. But at first glance, I see a bird-like face. Maybe it's a Mardi Gras mask? Regardless, I like the movement and the textural variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blotchy blue on the house and the way it is lighter on the left than the right pushing it out further and closer to the light.
    I can't make out the second. I like the yellow center but not to much that magenta ribbon.

    ReplyDelete