Somehow it’s at the same time overworked and unfinished. It did get me to experiment a little with Jeanne Dobie’s color palette for neutrals. Hope I have the discipline to keep working on that because she does whole paintings with neutrals and they do glow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love those colors, Greeta. They glow, but they're also largely neutral. Yet, the neutrals aren't drab and they showcase the jewel-like colors. I have to revisit my Jean Dobie book.
ReplyDeleteReally nice painting. Love the contrast. The flag should be muted a bit imo. It kind of draws focus because the colors are so bright and distinct.
ReplyDeleteThere’s another bldg to right of flag. It’s not on edge like that.
DeleteWild and mysterious, strange colors, especially the reddish brown at the top and then that flash of blue on the street of that iconic Chicago view. But that guy in the black is too big, and why is he there at all?
ReplyDeleteHe’s there alone. I eliminated his friends.
ReplyDelete