I’m still in my Ken phase — just want to put a lot of paint on paper. Still working on these tomatoes— they don’t look ripe enough yet. These are sketch book studies.
Finally came back to these two strangers in a strange land. I may just leave them stranded….



That is exactly what I was thinking before I scrolled down to where you said you wrote that you were in your Ken phase: Sarah is on the beam!
ReplyDeleteAnd then I got to the strangers and I couldn't agree more about leaving them stranded. Get a gander of those negative spaces, Magnifique! But if you must I strongly suggest that you set a horizon line just over that little triangle between her hand and her shoulder all flat yellow (sand) below, and all flat blue (sky) above. Oh, and, and above the horizon a boat looking like the one in the Simpson's front room. Dig it Man, dig it.
I like these alot. There's a richness to the first two that is everything that summer is. I also really like the composition, especially of the second one. You know, for all Pat stresses backgrounds, I can see that you may just leave them as it. It feels very modern and draws attention to the way they fit together. And, as Ken, says, those negative spaces are tres magnifique!
ReplyDeleteLove the people! Positioning and omitting the legs, feet .. just the drift. Do that bigger!!
ReplyDelete