Sunday, April 28, 2024

April 27, 2024 — Elaine O.

This week, we make progress, despite some missteps and catastrophes. 

Mon Déjeuner à Versailles Avec Dave    14"x 11"

I spent the week afraid to spoil the view out the window. So I did color matching studies, value studies and all kinds of procrastination things. Finally I began, only to see major paint seepage under the taped off window edges. And, of course, that green is one of the most staining colors around. I think I salvaged that situation, only to notice that the sizing on the paper seems off. Can you see the badly behaved paint around all the edges? I think it's due to the age of the paper. Lesson: Use your paper! Don't save good paper until you're good enough.

My plan: go in boldly with the rest of the painting, knowing I'll probably do it again. After all, I have a small stash of paper to use up!


4 comments:

  1. I like the way this one is coming. Waiting for Dave, the philosopher to take the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, interesting how the building outside shows up so pale on the computer, whereas in real life, it's quite present. You are so BRAVE, going forth were no one has gone before. (you know, like Star Trek.) I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m wondering if it’s the addition of Dave that has pushed back the building…it’s a good start on him…

    ReplyDelete