Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Experiments in paint….


 This one I was experimenting with the red edging on the coleus leaves, trying to suggest the pattern without drawing a million little lines. My attempts were not too successful. The colors are pretty close though….


Here’s the finished tomato bonanza. Again I was trying to indicate the smooth marbling pattern of the counter. But this is pretty much a fail. But I do like the tomatoes and the sugar shaker. (I come from a family that puts sugar on their tomato slices. I’ve never met anyone else who does that!)


This is half successful. I like the way the first two bottles are painted; the last two look a little too studied….

1 comment:

  1. You're really into summer, aren't you? Those coleus colors are spot on and you do have the sense of the markings in some places. The counter may not be exactly yours, but it definitely has the feel of mottled stone. Again, those tomatoes are magnificent, especially the colors. Same for the glasses. The two pairs seem to be slightly different—like they're in different sunlight. Those first two just sparkle. All the shadows are lovely.

    Oh, and we do sugar on our tomatoes too! Both my grandmothers did; is there any other way?

    ReplyDelete