Monday, July 13, 2026

A Tree, a Flower-headed Dragon, and a Dancin' Fool.




 All 5x7

4 comments:

  1. I like that tree a lot. The colors seem especially vibrant here and remind me of some of Van Gogh's landscapes. Love the bit of yellow. Definitely a dragon against the moon...although I do see the flower now that you mention it. Is the dancing fool new? It has the feel of a Matisse cutout. I hope you keep that value contrast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started out just wanting to put a border around the edges and let some of the plant bleed into the center and at some point I realized the bleedings very vaguely suggested a silhouette and I filled it in with heavy paint and left it to dry while I fixed lunch.

      Delete
  2. All three are great. Love the colors of the tree and that golden border around #3. #2 feels a little unfinished, but I love that flower head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first one because of the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete