Well, this was originally intended as a quick impression, but along the way I got interested in the different leaves and petals. So it's moving forward slowly but I'm okay with the change in direction.
This is beautiful Elaine. I love the variation in the greens you achieved.. the edges and movement among the leaves just keep your eye just moving all around th painting. And if I look at it one way, it looks grounded on the plate, but then when I look at it again, it almost is floating in front of the plate, which kind of adds to the ethereal quality of the painting. Really nicely done!
Looks to me like the pot is attached to the yellow thing which is one of those things, you know, that attach things like potted flowers to walls. Needs some wallpaper.
This is beautiful Elaine. I love the variation in the greens you achieved.. the edges and movement among the leaves just keep your eye just moving all around th painting. And if I look at it one way, it looks grounded on the plate, but then when I look at it again, it almost is floating in front of the plate, which kind of adds to the ethereal quality of the painting. Really nicely done!
ReplyDeleteMakes me want to do still life again.
ReplyDeleteLove the petals and leaves. Not sure if the plate is under the pot? Am I the only one to see a little white mouse chewing on the leaves?
ReplyDeleteYes, now that you've mentioned it, I see it too!
DeleteI’d like to see the bigger leaves more towards the bottom compositionally.
ReplyDeleteLooks to me like the pot is attached to the yellow thing which is one of those things, you know, that attach things like potted flowers to walls. Needs some wallpaper.
ReplyDelete